Sunday 13 March 2011

The man who walked alone.

No, it's not the lyrical similarity to Kurt Cobain (RIP !) hit 'the man who sold the world', but in case you do find it, I can't help it. Though it's certainly not.
I don't remember when I wrote this, but I'm sure it was after one of the stupid-dumb-bad-mood when I didn't want to think anything and just write each line as it kept on popping in my head.
*Please don't compare the writing style with that of an 8th grader(as someone has already commented on this part on my Facebook's notes' section), as I write not to show my skills over the language, but in describing the complex emotions in the simplest and easily understood grammar/sentence construction*
(Damn, what am I writing ! :S)
Anyways, here you go.



He wakes up without a concern about the world,
goes to bed with the same,
never feels it'll take a toll on him sometime
all he knows is how to play the game
  
They called him a liar,
traitor was his name
but they never realised,
he didn't care at all, come what may
for he was the one who talked to the air,
he was the one who romanticised with the same

Leaps and bounds, he played on
whenever the time called he went on
though never in his mind he understood;
the realms of life, the moments of truth
he ran from the responsibilities, but
he knew he'd face them one day..

The gates of nifelheim, 
were right in front of his face
The portals of a world he'd never seen before,
where the time came to rest, 
where the demon gods sang their lore
  
But he didn't care, didn't care at all
for he knew that this time too shall pass,
not for a brand new day but 
for the night to fall 

Today he strives to live on,
still turning to darkness, to turn the heat on
but he'll manage some how like he's done before,
on the paths of glory, he walked alone.
He'll rise again, but the world won't care,
for once, their mouths will shut, shut again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this really got me sucked in.. Yeah it took time but I did notice a comment from a certain 'Gyro the Blue'. :P
    & So you tell the tale of the man who did not have the joy of telling about his joy. Its sad but strengthening. Its what brings us apart & together.. :)

    ReplyDelete